Iam trying to import data from a csv file into my table in SQL Server 2000. My table is called as temp_table and consists of 3 fields. <BR><BR>column datatype <BR>-------- ----------- <BR>program nvarchar(20) <BR>description nvarchar(50) <BR>pId int <BR><BR>pId has been set to primary key with auto_increment. <BR><BR>My csv file has 2 columns of data and it looks like follows: <BR><BR>program, description <BR>"prog1", "this is program1" <BR>"prog2", "this is program2" <BR>"prog3", "this is program3" <BR><BR><BR>Now i use BULK INSERT like this <BR><BR>"BULK INSERT ord_programs FROM &#039;C:datafile.csv&#039; WITH (FIELDTERMINATOR=&#039;,&#039;, ROWTERMINATOR=&#039;
&#039;, FIRSTROW=2)" <BR><BR>to import data into my table in SQL server and it gives me this error <BR><BR>"Bulk insert data conversion error (type mismatch) for row 2, column 3 (pId)" <BR><BR>I guess i have to use fileformat or something since i dont have anything for pId field in the csv file to make it work... <BR><BR>Please help me out guys and please post a snippet of code if you have. <BR><BR>Thank You. <BR>