Hello,<BR><BR>I&#039;m currently working on an Access project, and am trying to figure out how to count records.<BR><BR>I have a form that contains a subform. The subform is shown as a datasheet, listing all the related records to whatever record is being shown in the main form. Now, its been asked that I have a number textbox (which will be locked), displaying the number of the records. The first displayed will have 1, the second 2, and so on.<BR><BR>Now, this would normally be an autonumber for ordinary forms, and would count automatically. But this one is different - I need it to count the records regardless of what is selected (I can limit the records in there, and so I always want 1-2-3-... regardless of what its key is.<BR><BR>Also, the key I&#039;m using isn&#039;t an autonumber, so I can&#039;t use that regardless.<BR><BR>Basically, I would just want the number that hangs around the bottom of regular forms that lists the count. I thin its called "RecordCount." I&#039;ve tried to figure this out, but I can&#039;t figure out how to reference it as part of the data.<BR><BR>If anybody could explain how to set this up I would really appreciate it.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR><BR>Mat