need help with sqlCommand

Thread: need help with sqlCommand

Default need help with sqlCommand

I am trying to use sqlcommand and my code gives me the error <BR><BR>An SqlParameter with ParameterName &#039;@authorID&#039; is not contained by this SqlParameterCollection. <BR><BR>What gives? I provided the code below<BR><BR> Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load<BR> &#039;Put user code to initialize the page here<BR> Dim dtrAuthor As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader<BR> Dim AuthorID As String<BR><BR> AuthorID = Request.QueryString("id")<BR> If IsNothing(AuthorID) Then<BR> Response.Redirect("AuthorMaster.aspx")<BR> End If<BR><BR> Dim conn As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("data source=dpnwnt68;initial catalog=pubs; user id=myid;password=test;")<BR> Dim sqlCommand As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand<BR> sqlCommand.CommandText = "Select * from authors where au_id=@authorID"<BR> sqlCommand.CommandType = CommandType.Text<BR> sqlCommand.Connection = conn<BR> sqlCommand.Parameters("@authorID").Value = AuthorID<BR><BR> dtrAuthor = sqlCommand.ExecuteReader<BR> If dtrAuthor.Read Then<BR> lblFirstName.Text = dtrAuthor("au_fname")<BR> lblLastName.Text = dtrAuthor("au_lname")<BR> lblPhone.Text = dtrAuthor("phone")<BR> End If<BR> conn.Close()<BR> End SubteReader

Default Some working code

is in the second second of this page<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: need help with sqlCommand

You forgot to add the parameter.<BR><BR>sqlCommand.Parameters.Add("@auth orID")<BR>sqlCommand.Parameters("@authorID").Value = AuthorID