multiple recordsets on one page

Thread: multiple recordsets on one page

Default multiple recordsets on one page

I have data in a table that represents the results of a days activities and a query that sums and provides percentages for all the records. I want to be able to create two recordsets, one for each and then display that data on a page. So far all attempts result in the following error: <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC drivers error &#039;80004005&#039;<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not use &#039;(unknown)&#039;; file already in use. <BR><BR>This is an Access DB and W2k server.<BR><BR>Any suggestions?

Default That error means...

...that there is a ".ldb" file in the same directory as your ".mdb" file, which means that the database is locked and other users (including your ASP code) can&#039;t use it. Most often, this happens because you are using Access and did some query that locked the DB and never unlocked it. Closing the DB in Access typically fixes the problem. But not always. Sometimes the system simply gets itself into a messed up state. Then the best you can do is shut things down and try to delete the ".ldb" file. If you can&#039;t, then try renaming it and rebooting and then deleting it.<BR><BR>In short, I don&#039;t think this has anything to do with multiple recordsets on the page.<BR><BR>Having said all that: Are you *sure* you need TWO recordsets??? Can&#039;t you find a way to do this with a single SQL query?<BR><BR>Finally: You show us zero code, so if there is something else weird that is wrong, we can&#039;t possibly help you.<BR><BR>