Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDOSYS sending EMAIL HELP!

Default CDOSYS sending EMAIL HELP!

Hi guys.<BR><BR>Im having a great deal of difficulty understanding and implementing the new cdosys email feature within my asp page. I have spent the last 2 days trying to source some useful information off the net but it seems that after having tried every bit of code, microsoft hotfixes, updates and everything else, that my code is still not functioning.<BR><BR>I went to w3schools and cut and paste the following code..<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")<BR>myMail.Subje ct="Sending email with CDO"<BR>myMail.From=""<BR>myMai l.To=""<BR>myMail.TextBody=" This is a message."<BR>myMail.Send<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Suppose dly this is meant to be easy and WORK, but it doesnt. It throws this error.<BR><BR>CDO.Message.1 error &#039;80040220&#039; <BR>The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. <BR>/Intranet2003/temp/temp.asp, line 7<BR><BR>Line 7 is<BR>myMail.Send<BR><BR>I have tried a number of peices of code but have had no luck.<BR><BR>Additional information<BR><BR>Windows XP Professional SP1<BR>IIS6<BR>SMTP service is running<BR><BR>Can someone please help me out. This is proving to be very frustrating!<BR><BR>I know that I can register the cdonts.dll on XP to use my old cdonts code, but this is not the right way to do it!<BR><BR>PLEASE HELP!<BR><BR>John

Default anyone???

Default RE: CDOSYS sending EMAIL HELP!

Windows XP Professional SP1<BR>IIS6<BR>SMTP service is running<BR><BR>you DON&#039;T have IIS 6.0. you have IIS 5.1 - minor detail but valid.<BR><BR>it&#039;s an SMTP configuration issue. I don&#039;t know how you have it set up now, but try this setup :<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default My apologies

Jason, I have read your article but unfortunately this doesnt help me.<BR><BR>I have read many articles on how to correct this but by trying these fixes, I am faced with other errors. The smtp service is definitely running, and as far as settings go, its default.<BR><BR>I do apologise for having to ask such questions, but Im really lost on this.<BR><BR>John

Default RE: My apologies

can you send messages from your SMTP server with, say, Outlook Express? I use my local smtp for all outgoing mail, so my configs are generally fairly robust, but then again I&#039;m not on XP Pro.<BR>

Default gee...

..I hope you dont roll your eyes at this one, but Im lost already!<BR><BR>"can you send messages from your SMTP server with, say, Outlook Express?"<BR><BR>Ill have to look this one up. Is this a way of testing the correct functionality of the SMTP service?<BR><BR>Can I be rude and ask if JMail is an easier alternative Atrax?<BR><BR>John

Default RE: gee...

if you want to try jmail, sire, go for it, but I suspect you&#039;ll hve the same issue.<BR><BR>to test with OE, just fire it up (start/run/msimn.exe) and add a new account, referencing &#039;localhost&#039; as your SMTP server, and test the settings.

Default RE: gee...

if you want to try jmail, sire, go for it, but I suspect you&#039;ll hve the same issue. <BR><BR>Yeah just tried JMail, and got this.<BR><BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039; <BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR>/Intranet2003/temp/temp.asp, line 7 <BR>Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:<BR><BR><BR>I tried the localhost thing but it displayed an error saying localhost couldnt be contacted or something.<BR><BR>Im lost big time. BRING BACK CDONTS!!!!!<BR><BR>John<BR>

Default still lost

Guys im still lost with this. It seems everyone is having problems with this new mail method. Every forum ive been to shows that others are just as frustrated as myself.<BR><BR>I can get a basic script to run, but its not coming through on yahoo or hotmail email accounts.<BR><BR>Im really at an end here.<BR><BR>John

Default another error

This is what I have tried on a new asp page.<BR><BR><BR>&#060;!--METADATA TYPE=3D"typelib" =<BR><BR>UUID=3D"CD000000-8B95-11D1-82DB-00C04FB1625D"<BR><BR>NAME=3D"CDO for Windows 2000 Library" --&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;!--METADATA TYPE=3D"typelib" =<BR><BR>UUID=3D"00000205-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4"<BR><BR>NAME=3D"ADODB Type Library" --&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>Set objConfiguration = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")<BR>Set objFields = objConfiguration.Fields<BR><BR>With objFields<BR>.Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort<BR>.Item(cdoSMTPServerPort) = 25<BR>.Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "localhost"<BR>.Update<BR>End With<BR><BR>Set objMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")<BR><BR>With objMessage<BR>Set .Configuration = objConfiguration<BR>.From = ""<BR>.To = ""<BR>.Subject = "Here comes a Subject"<BR>.HTMLBody = "&#060;html&#062;&#060;body&#062;Here is an HTML body!&#060;/body&#062;&#060;/html&#062;"<BR>.AutoGenerateTextBody = False<BR>.TextBody = "Here is a text body"<BR>.Send<BR><BR>End With<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>But I now get <BR><BR>ADODB.Fields error &#039;800a0cc1&#039; <BR><BR>Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. <BR><BR>/Intranet2003/temp/temp.asp, line 20 <BR><BR>IM GOING TO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE SOON!<BR><BR>John<BR>