directing where 'BACK' goes

Thread: directing where 'BACK' goes

Default directing where 'BACK' goes

If I&#039m in an ASP page, how do I determine if someone hits the &#039BACK&#039 button ? Specifically, I want to control where the &#039BACK&#039 button goes to. I have 3 ASP pages. First asks for an input file and program to run, the second runs the program and displays a button to view results, which is on the 3rd ASP page. When on the 3rd page, and someone hits &#039BACK&#039, I don&#039t want the 2nd page executed again, but want the 1st page to come up. How can I handle this ? Thanks.

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: directing where 'BACK' goes

Well, you can&#039t control the browsers back button. But I believe there is a way to keep a certain page out of a user&#039s history. I remember reading an article on it some time back. Don&#039t remember where, and I don&#039t remember how it&#039s done. Sorry I couldn&#039t be more help, but hopefully I gave you an idea.<BR><BR>Nathan

ActiveALLI Guest

Default RE: directing where 'BACK' goes

You could Solve this by inserting on page 2 (the Execute page)<BR>on the Top<BR>&#060;% if Request.ServerVariables(HTTP_REFERER) = "Page3.asp" Then<BR> Response.Redirect(page1.asp)<BR> End if %&#062;<BR><BR>What this does is that it checkes from what page you are browsing from and if you are coming from the thank you page (back) then it sends you to the initzial page ...<BR><BR>Active Alli<BR>OZ.COM