MouseDown Effect on Buttons in Pages with Frames

Thread: MouseDown Effect on Buttons in Pages with Frames

Default MouseDown Effect on Buttons in Pages with Frames

Hello,<BR><BR>This is what I have:<BR><BR>TopNav.html (Top Navigation top frame)<BR>LeftNav.html (Left Navigation frame)<BR>MainContents.html (Main Contents frame)<BR>Index.html (HTML page bringing all above frames)<BR><BR>TopNav.html has 5 different buttons that will always be present while a visitor browse troughs the site. LeftNav.html will display buttons based on what the visitor clicked from the TopNav.html frame. The buttons in TopNav.html have MouseOver, MouseDown, and MouseOut events to display different images at each event. Upon click, the buttons from TopNav.html frame open two pages - one in the LeftNav.html frame and the other in the MainContents.html, which all works fine. The buttons on TopNav.html also swap to a specified image onMouseOver and restores it to the original image onMouseOut. The problem is with MouseDown state of the button. Because I have frames the page opens in the bottom frame, but the button is in top frame so when I click on the button it goes through the MouseDown state for a very brief seconds then restores the image to original so even though that page is loaded on the bottom frame the button doesn&#039;t show down state, because the page is not open in the same frame as the button is on. If I don&#039;t use the MouseOut event then the button stays on MouseDown state even when I click on other buttons and other pages are open in the bottom frame!<BR><BR>Does anyone know how to implement a MouseDown effect/event on buttons that are placed in one frame, but corresponding pages appear on second frame? The button should restore original image just as soon as another button on the same frame or LeftNav.html frame is clicked. Would I need to use some Java or VB function to do this? If so is there one out there that can at least point me in the right direction or is there a simple script to do this? Basically, what are they ways I can achieve MouseDown effect with three frames in a page?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default ** CROSSPOST

Please don&#039;t do this. There&#039;s an FAQ ( on crossposting. As this is your first time doing it, I won&#039;t be too harsh!<BR><BR>I answered you in the JS forum.<BR><BR>Craig.