Two pages deep

Thread: Two pages deep

Default Two pages deep

I have a page that launches a smaill popup that presents the user with two options. Based on the user&#039;s choice, one of two other pages popup while the second page closes. <BR><BR>What I need to do is call a function on the first page from the third page (second popup). Generally, I only go one page deep and call the function on the first page via &#039;parent.myfunction()&#039;.<BR><BR>How can I call a function on the first page from the third?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default You don't mean parent???

Surely you mean opener?<BR><BR>Parent would apply to the next *FRAME* "upwards" in a frameset.<BR><BR>Anyway, I don&#039;t know why you couldn&#039;t use<BR> opener.opener.someFunction()<BR><BR>*BUT*...<BR><B R>But that *middle* page MUST STILL EXIST at the point you do that!<BR><BR>So the middle page needs to hold off closing until the 3rd page says it&#039;s okay.<BR><BR>You *MIGHT* be able to do<BR> var mainwin = opener.opener;<BR>and then close the middle page and use mainwin in succeeding code. Never tried it, but it&#039;s logical.<BR><BR>