Help Instantiating a .NET assembly

Thread: Help Instantiating a .NET assembly

Default Help Instantiating a .NET assembly

This is my first post on this message board though I have been benefiting from the wisdom of the many great programmers on here for years. I am fairly new to .NET but have been programming in ASP for the past 6 years. My problem is quite simple, but i cant seem to figure it out.<BR><BR>I have written a .NET assembly in VB.NET which is basically my database connectivity object. 4 simple classes doing basic Insert,Update,Delete,Read functions. The assembly compiles just fine and I copy the .DLL file to the /bin folder in my web root to include it in compilation of my page. I add the directive to import that namespace in the .aspx page:<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Import Namespace="dealeron" %&#062;<BR><BR>and then try to Instantiate an instance from that class and I keep getting a &#039;Type not defined&#039; on the line where I try to instantiate the object. Is there something else I need to do? or something I am doing wrong?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default RE: Help Instantiating a .NET assembly

Are you using VS.NET? You need to add a reference to the assembly: Project/Add Reference/Projects/Browse