Please help me out

Thread: Please help me out

Samrat Guest

Default Please help me out

From: "samrat sarkar" &#060;;<BR>To: &#060;;<BR>Cc: &#060;;<BR>Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 10:58 AM<BR>Subject: Please help me out<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>I had designed a Form in HTML,which is acting as a front end for my databse.<BR>When i am inserting data into the database from the form it is inserting<BR>data in the database, which includes BLANK SPACES.But when i want to see the<BR>data via a form it is showing only the first word,and leaving blank for rest<BR>datas,<BR>For Example:<BR>I have a field called "Address" in my database ,<BR>I submit the form by giving the address as<BR>"KGP MIDNAPUR ITI" ,<BR>The problem i am facing is that when i want to see the results via a new<BR>form , it is showing only the first word that is "KGP" .<BR>How to solve this problem ?<BR>I think u can understand my problem<BR>Waiting for your reply,<BR>Thanking you.<BR>Samrat<BR>

Default RE: Please help me out

Your problem is that your update method thinks that the value ends where the space is. You have to put single quotes around the field inorder for it to realize that it&#039s all one string.<BR><BR>ie Change:<BR><BR>Update table set address = " & request.form("address")<BR><BR>To:<BR><BR>Update table set address = &#039" & request.form("address") & "&#039"<BR><BR>That&#039ll do it.