showModalDialog and "Permission Denied" Error

Thread: showModalDialog and "Permission Denied" Error

Default showModalDialog and "Permission Denied" Error

Guys--<BR><BR>I developed an application that uses a ton of modal dialog boxes; all works well if you are using IE on a machine that has Windows 2000 or Windows XP sp1...<BR><BR>I&#039;ve recently upgraded to Windows XP sp2 and am now getting a "Permission Denied" error when my modal dialog boxes open and try to execute JavaScript from within the dialog...<BR><BR>When I open a dialog I open a generic page that contains an iframe in which I then use to load a ASPX page within the iframe...<BR><BR>on the ASPX page that gets loaded there could potentially be various JavaScript functions that are called for various purposes...<BR><BR>It&#039;s when one of these scripts are called that I get the "Permission Denied" error...<BR><BR>All this occurs on the same domain so I wouldn&#039;t think security would be an issue but...<BR><BR>Anyone have any ideas why this might be occurring..??

Default If it only happened after you installed...

...the SP2 and it works on other Windows 2000 and Windows XP SP1 machines, then it&#039;s most probably to do with the SP2. I&#039;ve heard lots about it causing problems for a lot of programs, because it locks down so many things that were open previously. Even Microsoft own products have problems and need "correcting" to make them work, so it&#039;s possible that the error you&#039;re getting is connected to these changes.<BR><BR>Might be worth doing a search on the Microsoft website or even give Microsoft a ring. :-)<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR>Oliver.