not supported by the provider.

Thread: not supported by the provider.

Corin Guest

Default not supported by the provider.

Here&#039s the code,<BR><BR>If Request.QueryString("Action") = "Delete" Then<BR>If Request.QueryString("ID") &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR><BR>RecordToDelete = CInt(Request.QueryString("ID"))<BR><BR>If Not rs.BOF Then<BR>rs.MoveFirst<BR>Do Until rs.Fields("ID") = RecordToDelete<BR>rs.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR><BR>rs.De lete<BR>rs.Requery<BR>End If<BR>End If<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Here&#039s the error;<BR><BR><BR>ADODB.Field error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider. <BR><BR>/kleinSQL/dealerAdmin/editAUSTRIA.asp, line 28 <BR><BR>rs.Delete is line 28<BR><BR>It worked with an ACCESS database but when I converted to SQL I get the error. The connection to the database seems fine as I can read from it great. It&#039s when I try to modify it with the above code. Do I have to switch to executing SQL statements?<BR>

Jason Miller Guest

Default But I -like- SQL statements...

I mean, you must admit that<BR><BR>objConn.execute "delete from [myTable] where id = " & recToDelete & ";"<BR><BR>is a lot cleaner than opening up an editing recordset and grinding through it until you find that one record, killing it off, then telling the database that it should kill it off as well (which essentially recreates the line of code above anyway) then closing down everything.<BR><BR>And then you can even put down that you know SQL on your resume...

Corin Guest

Default I know, I know but all that recoding

Lines and lines of changing code, don&#039t you know your supposed to tell me to change one &#039,&#039 to a &#039.&#039 and the whole thing will work magically?