Input type=file value?????

Thread: Input type=file value?????

Default Input type=file value?????

Is it possible to set the value for an input file type?<BR><BR>I have a page that allows for three different attachments, Att1, Att2, Att3. Upon clicking an icon the screen appears with three input boxes for files. Once these files are selected, they are displayed in a separate input text box on the form. If the user clicks the attachment button again, I would like the value of the input text box to appear in the input file box. Is this possible?<BR><BR>If Request("File1") &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR> response.write "&#060;input type=file name=File1 size=&#039;50&#039; value=[I need to put the value of Request("File1") here]&#062;"<BR>Else<BR> response.write "&#060;input type=file name=File1 size=&#039;50&#039;&#062;"<BR>End If

Default No. Period.

It&#039;s a security issue.<BR><BR>If you could do that, you could probe with all kinds of file names (e.g., C:windowspasswords, or whatever) and then, by auto-submitting the form, send all that nice private stuff up to the server. So all the browsers disallow it. Thank goodness.<BR><BR>