Sort - Data on Browser

Thread: Sort - Data on Browser

Default Sort - Data on Browser

Is it possible to SORT the Data displayed on Brower?<BR>I have "EmpId, EmpName, EmpDate" Columns and around 170 rows of Data that i am displaying on browser using a SQL statement...<BR>I want to put a SORT option (making my column names as hyperlinks) and i do NOT want to use any SQL to Sort, how about a JavaScript? Can we do this?<BR>I just want to SORT the Data what ever on the IE Browser without going to Table or using any SQL? Please help me

Los Angeles, CA

Default Easiest way will be going to db

and of course the RIGHT way<BR><BR><BR>the alternate way will be to throw all the data into an array and then sort using the simple buble sort<BR><BR>Why dont you want to hit the db anyway<BR><BR>

Default Even easier

Assuming you have all this data as an array of client-side JS objects and you have some familiarity of scripting the DOM, you can simply use the array&#039;s sort method to sort your objects by a given property value (whatever the user chooses, I guess - no need for custom-written sorting routines).<BR><BR>Then iterate through your array and re-create your table.<BR><BR>Craig.