Database/ASP error: 0x80040E21

Thread: Database/ASP error: 0x80040E21

Quinn Slack Guest

Default Database/ASP error: 0x80040E21

Hello,<BR>I have an Active Server Page which generates an error which I&#039ve never seen<BR>before. I just got off the phone with MS Tech support and they told me to<BR>ask here. Anyways, the error number is 0x80040E21 and the description is:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E21)<BR>Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status<BR>value, if available. No work was done.<BR>/admin/buildpage.asp, line 44<BR><BR>I&#039ve already established the connection to the DB. The erring code is<BR>below...<BR>------<BR>objRec.AddNew<BR>Set d = objRec<BR>d("Title") = pTitle<BR>d("Author") = pAuthor<BR>d("AuthorEmail") = pAuthEmail<BR>d("AuthorURL") = pAuthURL<BR>d("Description") = pDescription &#039Line 43; errors<BR>d("VBAA") = pVBAA &#039Line 44<BR>d("SOFP") = pSOFP<BR>d("CommentsNS") = pNotesNNS<BR>d("Comments") = pNotes<BR>d("Section") = pSection<BR>d("MiscDir") = pMiscDir<BR>d("Dir") = pDir<BR>d("AdminUID") = pAdminUID<BR>d("ArticleSnippet") = Left(pArticle, 100)<BR>d("Date") = pDateAdded<BR>aID = d("ID")<BR>objRec.Update<BR>objRec.Close<BR>objCon n.Close<BR>Set objRec = Nothing<BR>Set objConn = Nothing<BR>Set f = Nothing<BR>Set d = Nothing<BR> --<BR><BR>It seems to be as if line 43 is creating the error. Let me give you some<BR>background information.<BR>I&#039m using an Access 2000 database. The field "Description" is of Memo type.<BR>I&#039ve tried using the .AppendChunk method on the db and it produced the same<BR>exact error. The code, when the erring line is commented out, works<BR>perfectly. I have been able to update databases before on this computer,<BR>and have not changed any settings in IIS/PWS since. I&#039m on Windows 2000<BR>Professional.<BR><BR>I&#039ve found a KB article which tells about the error at<BR> . All it<BR>says is:<BR><BR>0x80040E21 -2147217887 Errors occurred<BR><BR>That doesn&#039t seem to yield any answers, either.<BR><BR>I&#039ve posted at several forums and almost 10 ASP developers agree with me:<BR>they&#039ve never seen this error and they have no idea how to fix it.<BR><BR>The only thing out of the ordinary in this code is that, in MS Access, the<BR>data type of the field is set to Memo to allow longer entries. I&#039ve ruled<BR>out the possibilities of an overload; it&#039s only one connection because I&#039m<BR>running it on localhost.<BR><BR>The MS support rep told me about the OLE-DB SDK but he said that it would<BR>carry a high price, and I&#039m not in the market to spend any money on an<BR>otherwise simple problem. The article the rep was reading described this<BR>problem as "complex."<BR><BR>Your help is greatly appreciated.<BR>-Quinn Slack<BR><BR>

Shane Stiles Guest

Default RE: Database/ASP error: 0x80040E21

I&#039m having the same problem as well, and our web server is also running off of Win2000 Professional Server! Help!!!!

Shane Stiles Guest

Default RE: Database/ASP error: 0x80040E21

I also want to add that we are using SQL Server 7.0 as our db...