using this code works but does not preserve the data in the array when i redim it:<BR><BR>Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR>Set objAllJobs = objFSO.GetFolder(Server.MapPath("/portfolio/"))<BR><BR>dim allArray()<BR>redim allArray(1,2)<BR><BR>For Each objJob In objAllJobs.SubFolders<BR> aFilePath = split(objJob,"\") &#039; split full path<BR> jobFolder=aFilePath(ubound(aFilePath)) &#039; get last col, which is the folder name<BR> aFileName=split(jobFolder,"!")<BR> allArray(Ubound(allArray,1),1)=aFileName(0) &#039; type<BR> allArray(Ubound(allArray,1),2)=aFileName(1) &#039; job<BR> redim allArray(Ubound(allArray,1)+1,2)<BR>next<BR><BR>Se t objAllJobs = nothing <BR>Set objFSO = Nothing <BR><BR>and then changing the line:<BR> redim allArray(Ubound(allArray,1)+1,2)<BR>to:<BR> redim preserve allArray(Ubound(allArray,1)+1,2)<BR><BR>i get a "Subscript out of range" error. can you help? i don&#039;t understand why preserving the data would mess up the rest.<BR><BR>thanks,<BR><BR>corey<BR>