SortedList slCustomers= new SortedList();<BR><BR><BR>slCustomers.Add("Miesner, Trent", "2003") ;<BR>slCustomers.Add("Bush, George", "2003") ;<BR>slCustomers.Add("Gates, Bill", "2326") ;<BR><BR><BR>DropDownList1.DataSource = slCustomers ;<BR>DropDownList1.DataValueField = "Value" ;<BR>DropDownList1.DataTextField = "Key" ;<BR>DropDownList1.DataBind() ;<BR><BR>by setting the autopostback to true and i write this code on selection changed<BR>private void DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)<BR> {<BR> Response.Write(this.DropDownList1.SelectedIndex.To String());<BR> Response.Write(this.DropDownList1.SelectedItem.Tex t+"**"+this.DropDownList1.SelectedItem.Value);<B R> }<BR><BR>since the datavaluefield of more then one item is same that is since the datavaluefield is not unique ..eventhough i select one item it automatically goes to the other item whose datavaluefield is same as this.....<BR><BR>did anyone come across this...if so how do i handle this ...<BR><BR>thank you.<BR>Praneetha Marthala<BR>