Open new window Request.Form

Thread: Open new window Request.Form

Default Open new window Request.Form

I am opening up a new browser window to show information without closing the existing window. To do this I am using the following code:<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"&#062;<BR>&#060;!--<BR> Sub Button1_onclick<BR> open "312WorkDone.asp", "window2", "toolbar=no, menubar=no, width=640, height=480"<BR> End Sub<BR>--&#062;<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;FORM&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT ID="Button1" TYPE=BUTTON VALUE="Open a second window"&#062;<BR><BR> Type &nbsp; &#060;input Type="Text" Name="Type" Value="&#060;%Response.Write strType%&#062;"&#062; &nbsp;<BR>&#060;/FORM&#062;<BR><BR>This works fine to open the new window to the size I want and without the toolbars etc. The problem is Request.Form Does not seem to work. Is there something I am missing or is this by design. I can use sessions fine but would rather use request.form or some equivelant if possible.

Default you are just launching a new page

you are just launching the new page, not opening it through a link to the form. when this happens, no form data is sent (ie all form fields are null or 0). you might wanna either store the information in a session variable or send the information via the query string.<BR>i believe i am right here, but i could be wrong...<BR><BR>hope this helps

Default RE: you are just launching a new page

Simply, the poster just wants to open his window [b]and then submit his form with the new window as the target[b/].<BR><BR>That&#039;s the step he&#039;s missing.<BR><BR>However, do you seriously use client-side VBScript?<BR><BR>Craig.