solve this problem

Thread: solve this problem

Default solve this problem

in asp file i have modify in employee details.after completion modifying details that data sends to the database its comming record mdified successfully. i want to that file redirect home page after modification. in that message display in record modified successfully in our home page.<BR>please send example

Default Let me just make sure I understand...

...what you&#039;re doing and what you want:<BR><BR>1. You have a form where people can change employee details.<BR>2. This form is submitted to another page which updates the database.<BR>3. Once this is successful, you don&#039;t want the message to be displayed on the second page. Instead, you want to go to your home page and the message displayed there.<BR><BR>Is that correct? Do I understand you?<BR><BR>If so, then you need to put a Response.Redirect onto your second page. Make sure your second page doesn&#039;t write anything out, because otherwise the Response.Redirect doesn&#039;t work. In the Response.Redirect you pass a value in the querystring that the homepage uses to check whether or not to display.<BR><BR>Something like this:<BR><BR>On the second page:<BR><BR>Do the processing and updating of the database.<BR>Do a Request.Redirect "home.asp?success=1"<BR><BR>On the home page (home.asp):<BR><BR>If Request.QueryString("success") = 1 Then<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;Display message<BR>End If<BR><BR>Oliver.