I am using the following code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim RS<BR>dim DataConn<BR>dim DataCmd<BR>dim datapath<BR>dim SQL<BR><BR>dim rsEMSC<BR>dim vbCRLF<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR> &#060;!--#include File="../Includes/DBOpenClose2.asp"--&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>SQL = "SELECT * FROM AuthorizedUsers"<BR>DataCmd.CommandText = SQL<BR>Set RS = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>RS.Open DataCmd, , 1, 3<BR><BR>Dim F, Head<BR>For Each F In RS.Fields<BR>Head = Head & ", " & F.Name<BR>Next<BR>Head = Mid(Head,3) & vbCrLf<BR>Response.Addheader "Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=myExportName.csv"<BR>Response.ContentType = "application/download"<BR>Response.Write Head<BR>Response.Write RS.GetString(,,", ",vbCrLf,"")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>and when the page completes loading i would expect ONE LONG CSV string to include all the field names and all the record names in the long string. SO I copy and paste the data into a CSV file. But when excell tries to load the csv file it tell me that its going to truncate the string becuase its too long. which i understand. What I don&#039;t understand is I am using the vbcrlf and I expect it to do a new line in excel but excel isn&#039;t recognizing it. any ideas / suggestions? Maybe when the browser display&#039;s the string it strips out the vbcrlf&#039;s its just a thought. Thanks in advance and have a great day.<BR><BR>AJ