overlapping controls

Thread: overlapping controls

Default overlapping controls

I have created a page where I have some dropdowns and various controls. Also, I have created a calendar control which is on the top of a div tag. Now when I populate that calendar control obviously that is going to be over some other controls. My problem is the dropdown control which should hide below that calendar control after populating comes above that calendar control. This thing is also happening in other collapsible menus which I created. This is pure HTML, NO JAVASCRIPT.<BR>I would great appreciate if you you guys can solve this problem for me. I did lot of brain storming for this but was not able to get on it.<BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Piyush

Default RE: overlapping controls

This is a "feature" of either Windows or IE (not sure which). List controls are windowed elements and will always appear over anything else. To work around it, you need to hide any list controls on the page when your calendar control is visible.<BR><BR>for ( i = 0; i &#060; document.all.length; i++ )<BR>{<BR>if ( document.all[i].tagName == "SELECT" )<BR>{<BR>document.all[i].style.visibility = "hidden";<BR>}<BR>}<BR><BR>To show the list controls again, use the same code as above but replace "hidden" with "visible".<BR><BR>Hope this helps!