partitioning column was not found

Thread: partitioning column was not found

Default partitioning column was not found

Here is what I have:<BR><BR>TABLES<BR>------<BR>timecard_2003_q01 check constraint on act_date: Jan thru Mar<BR>timecard_2003_q02 check constraint on act_date: Apr thru Jun<BR>timecard_2003_q03 check constraint on act_date: Jul thru Sep<BR>timecard_2003_q04 check constraint on act_date: Oct thru Dec<BR><BR><BR>VIEW<BR>----<BR>CREATE VIEW timecard_history AS<BR>SELECT timecard_key, act_date, .... FROM timecard_2003_q01<BR>UNION ALL<BR>SELECT timecard_key, act_date, .... FROM timecard_2003_q02<BR>UNION ALL<BR>SELECT timecard_key, act_date, .... FROM timecard_2003_q03<BR>UNION ALL<BR>SELECT timecard_key, act_date, .... FROM timecard_2003_q04<BR>GO<BR><BR><BR>Now, here&#039;s the issue.<BR><BR>I am trying to run this statement:<BR>DELETE FROM timecard_history WHERE act_date = &#039;01/15/2003&#039;<BR><BR>and I am getting this error:<BR><BR>UNION ALL view &#039;timecard_history&#039; is not updatable because a partitioning column was not found.<BR><BR>Any ideas? <BR><BR>NOTE:<BR>-----<BR>The act_date is part of the PK in all the tables that the view is referencing.

Los Angeles, CA

Default Cant

you have to delete from teh table and not the VIEW. You can delete from a view ONLY if it referneces ONE table<BR><BR>