Thread: thisForm.submit

BradleySmall Guest

Default thisForm.submit

I am trying to call thisForm.submit() from a client side script. Near as I can tell it doesn&#039t do anything. What am I doing wrong?<BR><BR>I have a thisPage_OnEnter() which I assume should be being called to process the submission. It doesn&#039t happen. Here is the script that doesn&#039t seem to work. It does change the value on the textBox the submit doesn&#039t seem to happen.<BR><BR>Bradley <BR>--code follows--<BR><BR>&#060;script LANGUAGE="javascript"&#062;<BR>function Sort(fieldname) {<BR> if (thisForm.txtSort.value == fieldname + " asc"){<BR> thisForm.txtSort.value = fieldname + " desc";<BR> } else {<BR> thisForm.txtSort.value = fieldname + " asc";<BR> }<BR> thisForm.submit(); <BR>// return true;<BR>} <BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR>

Default RE: thisForm.submit

Where are you setting the value of "thisForm"? If it&#039s the name of the the form then you should prob use document.thisForm.whatever. If you&#039re passing the form to this function, you&#039re not showing that in the function parameters.

Bradley Guest

Default RE: thisForm.submit

MikeR - <BR><BR>thisForm is defined as a form. It si the forma that gets added by Interdev when you add the scripting model.<BR><BR>I have tried document.thisForm.submit() as well with no better results.<BR><BR>-- Bradley