Why is it that when I update a document the server doesn't update it?

Thread: Why is it that when I update a document the server doesn't update it?

Chris Cotterill Guest

Default Why is it that when I update a document the server doesn't update it?

Why is it that when I update documents on my website they aren&#039t always updated when they are displayed over the Net.<BR><BR>When I open them up locally, they are changed--and display their changes--but when I put in the full web address, they aren&#039t updated.<BR><BR>Does this have something to do with the server cache?<BR><BR>I am not the webmaster so I can&#039t reset the machine.... Is there a meta-refresh tag that will force the server to recache the document?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Chris Cotterill

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: Why is it that when I update a document the server doesn't update it?

Response.Expires = 0<BR><BR><BR>put that near the top of your asp page, and that will prevent the browser from caching.<BR><BR>What you also need to consider is that the server will sometimes cache include files for ASP. Say in my mainmenu.asp file I have an include named menubar.inc. SOMETIMES, if you change menubar.inc it will not always take effect. However, saving mainmenu.asp should refresh the cache for all the include files associated with it.<BR><BR>Hope I helped some<BR><BR>Nathan