internal, server side events

Thread: internal, server side events

Default internal, server side events

I am monitoring a (server side) XML file with a file watcher, and when it is modified, I want to change the text color of a of label on the client side from the related event handler sub. How do I do this?<BR><BR>Private Sub Page_Load(...) Handles MyBase.Load<BR>if not IsPostBack then<BR>...<BR>AddHandler FileSystemWatcher1.Changed, AddressOf DataChanged<BR>End If<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>private sub DataChanged()<BR>Me.lblUpdate.ForeColor = Color.FromName("red")<BR>&#039;Need to update/refresh the control here!<BR>&#039;how do I do this?<BR>end sub<BR><BR><BR><BR>I am running a simple (P.O.C.) VB.NET, ASP.NET Web App. As with all IT questions, this needs to be answered ASAP. Thanks.<BR><BR><BR>JD <BR> <BR>

Default Maybe I misunderstand you, but...

...if I don&#039;t, then you can&#039;t do that. Once a page has been sent to the client, the connection to the server is closed and that&#039;s it - you can&#039;t then get the server to tell the client that something has to change. You can only go the other way round and get the client to ask the server whether something has changed - except maybe using Java or an ActiveX component.<BR><BR>Oliver.