Run a query weekly and email it

Thread: Run a query weekly and email it

Default Run a query weekly and email it

Hello,<BR><BR>Does anyone have any ideas as to automating a job in ASP? I need a report to be automatically generated weekly and emailed out to a few people. I know how to do the email and query part in ASP, I just don&#039t know how to automate it to run weekly. Can this be done is ASP somehow? Do I need to write a component for this?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Chuck

Default RE: Run a query weekly and email it

I needed the same thing a while ago, I couldn&#039t find a way to automate a .asp script so what I did was put my ASP code into a VB executable than have the NT &#039at&#039 command execute it daily (the executable emailed people with AspMail) just be sure to include ADO/ASP object libraries with the VB project then its pretty easy to go from ASP -&#062; VB.<BR>

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: Run a query weekly and email it

I would probably write a COM object. Although I want to tell you about some other options, in case one suits you better.<BR><BR>One thing is if you use MS SQL Server, you could write a stored procedure to do everything, then use the SQL scheduler to run it weekly. Yes, you can call an e-mail component from a Stored Procedure.<BR><BR>Another option is windows scripting, there&#039s an article on this at:<BR><BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/072699-1.shtml<BR><BR><BR>Hope I helped<BR><BR>Nathan