Reg Connection Pooling in Windows Service

Thread: Reg Connection Pooling in Windows Service

Default Reg Connection Pooling in Windows Service

I created a windows service running 24 hrs fetching data from SQL Server 2000, it works fine but whenever the connection pooling count reaches 100 it booms.<BR><BR>It gives me the following error message<BR>*************************************** *************************<BR>Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a<BR>connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.<BR>************************************** **************************<BR>I am using datareader for fetching the data from database and passing the data reader to business layer. I am explictly closing the connection but when I run sp_who in SQL Query Analyzer it still shows the connections to be open<BR>

Default RE: Reg Connection Pooling in Windows Service

If you were properly closing all the connections, you would not have the error.<BR>Are you using the &#039;using&#039; statement or a &#039;finally&#039; block for your close?<BR><BR>You should not be passing readers between layers, use custom objects or datasets.<BR>

Default RE: No Repost please

This is the same as the other one.<BR>Next time, don&#039;t repost the question.