stuck on something

Thread: stuck on something

Default stuck on something

Hey guys,<BR><BR>I have a small problem. Im trying to preserve a value from a previous page and carry it onto the next page. What Im trying to allow is for a user to submit an event to the events calendar and once completed inserting one event, prompt the user if they wish to submit another event as part of the same group of events. If they select no, flush all values and redirect to another page. If they select yes, redirect them back to the start of the event entry and start over whilst preserving the eventID.<BR><BR>Heres what Im fooling around with but Ive had no luck with.<BR><BR>*IF THEY HAVE SELECTED TO ADD ANOTHER EVENT AS PART OF THE SAME GROUP OF EVENTS, FLUSH ALL EXCEPT THE EVENT ID.<BR>IN PLAIN ENGLISH...ADD ANOTHER EVENT AS PART OF THIS GROUP OF EVENTS.<BR><BR>If session("eventID") &#060;&#062; "" then<BR>eventID = session("eventID")<BR>Session.Contents.RemoveAll() <BR>session("eventID") = eventID<BR>response.write session("eventID") & "<BR><BR><BR>else<BR><BR>*THIS IS A NEW ENTRY, FLUSH ALL. NEW ENTRY COMPLETELY.<BR>session.Contents.RemoveAll()<BR>res ponse.write "THIS IS A NEW ENTRY"<BR>end if<BR><BR>The problem is. Even if the user selects "add a new event" from the menu on the side...the session is still floating around and is carried into a completely new event.<BR><BR>How should I catch this and clear it where necessary?<BR><BR>John<BR>

Default what If I...

identified the page of which they have come from and set the session value according to that?<BR><BR>Is this the http referrer method?<BR><BR>John

Default forget it

I have the mental capacity of a paperclip tonight