ODBC Connection failing

Thread: ODBC Connection failing

Nancy J. Anderson Guest

Default ODBC Connection failing

Hi,<BR><BR>The ODBC connections on the development box are suddenly failing. Recent changes to the box that I can track down: 1. Administrator password changed, 2. FrontPage extentions installed. <BR><BR>This connection using ODBC fails, however the second "hard coded" connection works. Error message is: <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified<BR><BR>Thanks for your help,<BR>nancy<BR>-----------------------------------------<BR><BR>objConnectionEmp.Open "PayStub", "paystub", "paystub" <BR><BR>strConnect = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Connect Timeout=15;Extended Properties=""DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=WEBDEV1;UID=paystub;PWD=paystub;DATA BASE=PAYSTUB"""<BR> objConnectionEmp.ConnectionString = strConnect<BR> objConnectionEmp.Open<BR>

Jimmy Wang Guest

Default RE: ODBC Connection failing

Try This:<BR>strConnect="DRIVER={SQL Server};"<BR>strConnect=strConnect & "SERVER=yourDbServerIPHere;"<BR>strConnect=strConn ect & "DATABASE=YourDbName;" <BR>strConnect=strConnect & "UID=yourUserName;PWD=YourPassword"<BR><BR>Jim my Wang<BR>

Nancy J. Anderson Guest

Default RE: ODBC Connection failing

The problem isn&#039t the connect string. I can code a connect string and make the connection just fine. The problem is that the ODBC connection - which used to work - is no longer working. <BR><BR>And for more than just my one application. Across the site all web applications trying to connect to SQL Server databases fail if using a ODBC connection. <BR><BR>thanks,<BR>nancy<BR>