Hello, I am trying to find some help on displaying UNIQUE values in a dropdown list populated from a SQL server database.<BR><BR>I am using .NET framework with VB as the language and SQL server for data. I have the following code for populating the dropdown field CategoryList:<BR><BR>&#060;asp:dropdownlist id="CategoryList" runat="server" Height="26px" Width="139px"&#062;&#060;/asp:dropdownlist&#062;<BR><BR>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Dim strconnection As SqlConnection<BR>Dim myda As SqlDataAdapter<BR>Dim ds As DataSet<BR><BR>Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load<BR> &#039;Put user code to initialize the page here<BR> strconnection = New SqlConnection("Server=localhost;uid=sa;password=;d atabase=somename;")<BR> myda = New SqlDataAdapter("Select * from tblDocs ", strconnection)<BR> ds = New DataSet<BR> myda.Fill(ds, "AllTables")<BR><BR> CategoryList.DataSource = ds<BR> CategoryList.DataSource = ds.Tables(0)<BR> CategoryList.DataTextField = ds.Tables(0).Columns("Category").ColumnName.ToStri ng()<BR> CategoryList.DataValueField = ds.Tables(0).Columns("Category").ColumnName.ToStri ng()<BR> CategoryList.DataBind()<BR><BR>End Sub<BR><BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>I can get the values into the dropdown list correctly but they appear repetitively in the list as they do in the SQL databases, for eg:<BR><BR>Category:<BR><BR>Van<BR>Van<BR>Van<BR>S UV<BR>Sedan<BR><BR>What can I do to make the drop down list unique so that values do not appear several times?<BR><BR>Thanks for any suggestions or help.<BR>