Problems Calling .NET Web Service from ASP

Thread: Problems Calling .NET Web Service from ASP

Default Problems Calling .NET Web Service from ASP

Hi! I am trying to call a ASP.NET Web Service from a classic ASP page using the SOAP Toolkit 3.0. I am getting the following error when I try to call the web service from the ASP page when they are both residing on the server (when either one or both are on my local machine they run fine).<BR><BR><BR>WSDLReader error &#039;80020009&#039; <BR>WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: The download of the specified resource has failed. HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect function. - WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. - Client:One of the parameters supplied is invalid. HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. <BR>/mydirectory/mypage.asp, line 158 <BR><BR><BR>The line in question is:<BR>[code language="vbscript"]<BR>Call objSoapClient.mssoapinit("http://mywebsite.net/MyWebService/MyWebservice.asmx?WSDL", "MyService")<BR>[/code]<BR><BR>Lines immediately preceding it are:<BR><BR>[code language="vbscript"]<BR>Dim objSoapClient, RetValue, RetCode<BR>SET objSoapClient = Server.CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")<BR>objS oapClient.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True<BR>[/code]<BR><BR>I can also run the web service without a problem by calling it directly in IE. I&#039;ve tried searching the web with little luck. Any ideas?!?!?! Thanks!<BR>

Default RE: Problems Calling .NET Web Service from ASP

In the SOAPInit line, an extra quote and greater than sign got added to the web service URL when I posted my question. These are not in my code.

Default I'm not sure if this helps you, however here

an example of how to call web service without the need to use the SOAP toolkit:<BR><BR>http://www.eggheadcafe.com/soapcontent.asp<BR><BR>Hope that helps.<BR>Pete

Default RE: I'm not sure if this helps you, however h

Thanks for the suggestion. My next step is going to be writing the SOAP message by handing using MSXML if I can&#039;t get this stupid thing to work, but we really want to try to figure out it out with the SOAP toolkit. We want to use this in other legacy apps and I don&#039;t want to have to mess with changing the message format if we change anything in a web service. The Toolkit reads it from the WSDL, so I would prefer to use that.<BR><BR>Thanks for the link, though, since if I do have to go that route, the example is a bit clearer than others I&#039;ve found.<BR>

Default What operating system is your

web server using? Win 2000, 2003?<BR><BR>It looks like are problems with using SOAP Toolkit and Windows Server 2003 in web apps.

Default RE: What operating system is your

Running Windows 2000 Advanced Server 5.0 SP3.

Default Found the following which may

help you:<BR><BR>http://www.idiotproof.org/DasBlog/CategoryView.aspx?category=Frustration

Default RE: Found the following which may

Thanks, Pete! I&#039;d found this early on in my digging (been working on this on and off for several weeks now) and showed it to the SE here along with some other suggestions. He didn&#039;t feel it was the problem, but I think I need to revisit it again!