Remote SQL Server connection

Thread: Remote SQL Server connection

Default Remote SQL Server connection

I&#039;m trying to remotely connect to a SQL Server 2000 database using Enterprise Manager. I am also using SQL Server 2000 here locally. The connection fails however, so I wanted to make sure I&#039;m doing everything correctly on my end. This is what I&#039;ve done...<BR><BR>1. Setup an alias in the Client Network Utility using the IP address I was given and port 1433 with a TCP/IP Network library selected.<BR><BR>2. In Enterprise Manager, I added a new SQL Server Registration. From the dropdown, I chose the connection I had previously setup. Then I used the username and password they provided me with.<BR><BR>That didn&#039;t work. I then tried logging into my machine using the username and password that they provided. Then I re-did step 2 but used Windows Auth instead of SQL Server auth. Still got an error.<BR><BR>With this info, is it possible to tell if I am doing something wrong or if it is on the other end? The error I&#039;m receiving says the login failed because it is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.<BR><BR>I also tried the same thing in Query Analyzer and got similar results.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Wil<BR>

Default RE: Remote SQL Server connection

you probably need to specify using Window Authentication. hang on, I&#039;ll check that.<BR><BR>yeah, that sounds right.