strange error

Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: strange error

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969

    Default strange error

    I wrote a web app using the .net framework version 1.0 and installed it on a web server with the same version. Since then I have upgraded to version 1.1 and I had to modify something in that web app. In the meantime, the prod web server has not been upgraded to version 1.1. Is there going to be a problem when I deploy the modified dll into the prod web server? <BR><BR>I&#039;m getting "File or assembly name System, or one of its dependencies, was not found. " and I&#039;m wondering if this has something to do with the framework incompatibility. If not, what could I do to fix this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969

    Default RE: strange error

    Hi,<BR><BR>To answer your first question, yes, it will be a problem when you deploy the modified dll onto the production web server. It will need to be upgraded to version 1.1 also. Keep in mind that it may impact other applications on the server if they rely on the old version.<BR><BR>As far as your second question, I&#039;m guessing that it is in regards to the code running onto the server. If so, then yes, that is probably the cause (if it runs fine on the test web server). If that is not the case, please be more specific about the error and where and when it occurs.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Willis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts