Do I need to be more specific with paramId.Append

Thread: Do I need to be more specific with paramId.Append

Default Do I need to be more specific with paramId.Append

I still get this nasty error:<BR>-----------------------------------------------------------<BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E21)<BR>Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.<BR>------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>I get this error when trying to send parameters for a SP in ms sql server. I double checked and tested the procedure in query analyzer and it works fine. But i can&#039;t seem to make it work by going through the command object. Guess it must be a datatype conflict(eventhough I rechecked all my params datatypes) or the way I declare the paramas. So here&#039;s the question:<BR><BR>Is this a proper declaration?<BR>---------------------------------------------------<BR>paramId.Append cmd.CreateParameter("@RANDOM_PP_ID",adDecimal,adPa ramInput)<BR><BR>paramId.Append cmd.CreateParameter("@SEX_MALE1",adInteger,adParam Input)<BR><BR>paramId.Append cmd.CreateParameter("@UZR_TYPE",adVarChar,adParamI nput,80)<BR>----------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>I&#039;m concerned with the sytnthax on these 3. In the database, &#039;RANDOM_PP_ID&#039; is a field that&#039;s decimal datatype with length = 9, 18 precision and scale = 9

Default RE: Do I need to be more specific with paramId.App

Where are you setting the input value for those parameters?<BR><BR>paramId.Append cmd.CreateParameter("@RANDOM_PP_ID",adDecimal,adPa ramInput,???value????) <BR><BR>On a different note, you know that if you aren&#039;t returning true output parameters from your stored proc that you don&#039;t need to use Command object.<BR><BR><BR><BR>