Problems with ASPmail

Thread: Problems with ASPmail

Tony Williams Guest

Default Problems with ASPmail

We&#039re having problems with some code using ASP mail, and can&#039t figure out the problem ourselves.<BR><BR>When sent variables, the script always returns a failure. The mailhost has been checked, and is the correct SMTP server, as have all the variables in the form.<BR><BR>ASP Code follows - no HTML or surrounding tags supplied:<BR><BR>[[&#060;form page - pre_register.asp&#062;]]<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set fromName = "Elogistics"<BR>Set fromAddress = ""<BR>Set subject = "Automated Response"<BR>Set relay = ""<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>[[end]]<BR><BR>[[&#060;processing page - thank_you.asp&#062;]]<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set my_from = request("fromName")<BR>Set my_fromAddress = request("fromaddress")<BR>Set my_to = request("toName")<BR>Set my_toAddress = request("toaddress")<BR>Set my_subject = request("subject")<BR>Set my_relay = request("relay")<BR><BR>Mailer = Server.CreateObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")<BR>Mailer.Re moteHost = my_relay<BR><BR>Mailer.FromName = my_from<BR>Mailer.FromAddress = my_fromAddress<BR>Mailer.AddRecipient my_to, my_toAddress<BR>Mailer.Subject = my_subject<BR>Set Mailer.BodyText = "Thank you for your interest in Elogistics. We will be in contact with you in the near future."<BR><BR>If Mailer.SendMail then<BR> Msg = "Thank you for your intrest in ELogistics, an automated response has been sent to your email address"<BR>Else<BR> Msg = "Please re-enter your details on the previous page, as the automated response has been rejected."<BR>End If<BR>response.write Msg<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>[[end]]<BR><BR><BR>We are constantly receiving the text "Please re-enter your details on the previous page, as the automated response has been rejected." but can&#039t seem to find out what error is taking place.<BR><BR>Any takers?<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>TW.

Default RE: Problems with ASPmail

Where are the valued for my_to & my_toAddress coming from? Are you able to do error trapping? If so, try writing the error number and message out in your script. Worse case you could always do the Mailer.SendMail to ensure that it is functioning properly.