Not sure which forum to put this in...

Thread: Not sure which forum to put this in...

Default Not sure which forum to put this in...

Hi,<BR><BR>As there is no &#039;general&#039; forum, I shall post this here. I&#039;ve been looking at the Analog reports for my site and in the failures section, an extremely high percentage of failures are request the page which it says is "/point". I am almost certain I have not links on my site to this, and so I was wondering if anyone might know what this is from? (And if I should/could do anything like would be the case with favicon.ico)<BR><BR>Also,<BR>Does anyone know about these failures:<BR>"/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll"<BR>"/robots.txt"<BR><BR>They are also nothing to do with my site.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Turnip

Default a little info...

The robots.txt file is a file in the root of your site that is used to block spiders/robots from indexing your site, or specific folders of your site with their search engines..<BR>-------Looks like<BR>User-agent: *<BR>Disallow: /PrivateFolder/<BR>Disallow: /inDevelopmentStillFolder/<BR><BR>-------a site with this file in the root would allow itself to be (crawled) with the exception of these two folders....<BR>