refreshing a page after 5 seconds automatically

Thread: refreshing a page after 5 seconds automatically

Default refreshing a page after 5 seconds automatically

How do I refresh a page automatically every 5 seconds ? I have already downloaded &#039WaitFor&#039, and have the delay working, how do I get the same page to come up again ? Thanks.

Margaret Widholm Guest

Default RE: refreshing a page after 5 seconds automatically

Did you try using the javascript:window.reload command?

There&#039s a good article over at PowerASP.com that shows how to use META tags to setup such a delay.<BR>http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/dynamic-meta-refresh.asp<BR><BR>To reload the same page (or any page) using ASP, you can do:<BR>Response.Redirect urlName<BR><BR>So, if your page is named default.asp, you could do:<BR>Response.Redirect "default.asp"<BR><BR>after the .WaitFor...

doesn't work Guest

Thanks for the input, but that doesn&#039t work. I get an error<BR><BR>"The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content. "<BR><BR>Sounds like I can&#039t use that command if I have already written to the page....any other ideas ? Or, am I confused ?<BR>

I got the delay to work using the &#039meta&#039 example on the web page mentioned. However, I now get a question asking me if I want to &#039repost from data&#039 every time the 5 seconds is up. How do I get rid of that message from coming up?<BR><BR>I use a meta command to refresh every 5 seconds, and redirect the URL to the same page. Thanks.