Giving ASP.NET permissions... how in Win 2000?

Thread: Giving ASP.NET permissions... how in Win 2000?

Default Giving ASP.NET permissions... how in Win 2000?

Hi, I&#039;m trying to install an ASPNET application, and in order for it to work, I apparently need to give permissions to the "ASPNET user".<BR><BR>I don&#039;t know .NET from a hole in the ground, and I don&#039;t think I need to for this, but I can&#039;t seem to do what it asks. The instructions I have been provided below are all I&#039;m given, and I don&#039;t think they&#039;re right for my Win 2000 machine.<BR><BR>My first clue was that when I go to the specified folders and right click, there is no Security Tab, only "General", "Web Sharing" and "Sharing". The "sharing" folder seemed to share some semblance to the instructions I was provided with, but it didn&#039;t work so I&#039;m not convinced. Also, I&#039;ve never set up a .NET user - is this something I would need to do somewhere?<BR><BR>If these are stupid questions, my apologies in advance. I am well beyond my comfort level here...<BR><BR>&&&&&&Instructions&&&&&<BR><BR>"ASP NET needs permissions to two directories in the smarterstats install folder: ChartImages and Config. Give Read and Write Permissions to the ASPNET user. To do this: <BR>In Windows Explorer, go to Program Files - SmarterTools - SmarterStats - MRS <BR>For both the ChartImages and Config folders: <BR>Right click on folder, select Properties <BR>Click on the "Security" tab <BR>Under "Group or user names" click the "Add" button <BR>Under "Enter the object names to select" Type in ASPNET and click the "OK" button <BR>If user is not found, click on the "Locations" button and select the top location (computer name). <BR>Click on the "OK" button of Properties window to make changes final "

Default RE: Giving ASP.NET permissions... how in Win 2000?

seems you have a FAT32 drive when what you NEED is NTFS<BR><BR>look up &#039;convert&#039; in the windows help. then convert your hard drive to NTFS, then follow the steps.