truncating text memo field

Thread: truncating text memo field

Default truncating text memo field

Hi all<BR><BR>I have a memo field of &#039;ntext 16&#039; defined in SQL Server. I&#039;m not sure what I need to do to keep the field from truncating. I did use the command: set textsize 16384<BR><BR>memo field: Response<BR>&#039;Our CBC provides excellent service to our Branch. Where it is possible for the CBC to infuence ISB, service has improved. Areas that are beyond the realm on influence of the CBC remain unchanged. While we do feel that our CBC is championing our cause, s&#039; &#060;--- truncated<BR><BR>Using Query Analyzer in the database it shows the memo field truncated and on the asp page where it shows the comments of the survey results.<BR><BR>Since it is a &#039;TextArea&#039; in asp, it should show the whole memo field as it would using MS Access 2000. So I don&#039;t know if it truncates as it saves it to the SQL Server table. I&#039;m using Dreamweaver MX 2004 with &#060;textarea cols="75" rows="6" name="Response&#060;%=rs("Question_Num")%&#062;"&# 062;&#060;/textarea&#062;<BR>and there is no length parameter<BR><BR>I wish I knew more about SQL Server and how it deals with text field attributes<BR><BR>Please help<BR><BR>Calvin <BR>

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, Errors<BR><BR>I know it starts off talking about Access, but read the text. It applies to SQL Server as well.<BR><BR>*USUALLY* the fix given there works.<BR><BR>