new error...

Thread: new error...

Default new error...

im also recieving this error at random times when i load my page.<BR><BR>i tried turning off http 1.1 but that didnt help..<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Provider (0x80004005)<BR>Unspecified error<BR>/asp/camera/databaseconnect.asp, line 6<BR><BR>line 6 is &#039;objConn.Open&#039;<BR><BR>thanks

Default Hope this helps

Go to IIS:<BR>C:WINDOWSsystem32inetsrv Or Administrative Tools<BR>Then find the relevant folder under "default web site"<BR>Right click on the folder and select properties<BR>on the application name click "create"<BR>change execute permissions to "scripts and execuatables"<BR>Change the application protection to low<BR>THEN click configuration and the options tab and set "ASP script timeout" to 10 seconds if you have a reasonabe fast server

Default RE: Hope this helps

How exactly will any of that help?!<BR><BR>Application protection to low?! Why?! Sounds to me like the opposite is needed.<BR><BR>Why do they need executables enabled?! What in their initial post told you that?!<BR><BR>10 second script timeout?! Well, yeah, if coded well and on a fast server, but lets be clear about this: that&#039;s not going to help this person one iota. In fact, it&#039;s more likely to introduce problems!<BR><BR>Craig.