Access DB Connection - permissions

Thread: Access DB Connection - permissions

Default Access DB Connection - permissions

I am (was) successfully using IIS 5 to develop and test small Access databases prior to deploying into Internet. Now, I can't get any of my previously successful connections, both DSN and DSN-less to work. Error message is that DB is being used by another program (no other programs running) or do not have permission. I've messed around with permissions for two days. I read and complied with the article on de-selecting simple file sharing many weeks ago. HELP! Thanks.

Default RE: Access DB Connection - permissions

Check the Access Database<BR><BR>You will have two files<BR><BR>&#060;nameofDB&#062;.MDB<BR>&#060;nam eofDB&#062;.LBL<BR><BR>The LBL is the one causing the problem!

Default RE: Access DB Connection - permissions

Still have problem. Thanks for your help. Was not familiar with myDB.LBL so checked win explorer-no help, searched entire C drive for *.LBL - no help. I&#039;m familiar with myDB.LDB but found none of those either. I have several DBs on C:Inetpubwwwroot and none now work. All say need permission or they are being used by another program (none running). I even "restored" my computer back to last week when all was well - no help. I&#039;ve got WinXP Pro. Any ideas?? Thanks

Default Solved...But...

I solved the problem. It definitely had to do with permissions. I finally had to delete the db.mdb file, then recopy it into the site using Win Exp. I found a book that talked about a bug where the DB "security" tab info appears to be OK, but the DB is still locked out. Copying, not moving, a new DB into position will solve the problem. Thanks for your interest.