Briefly....<BR><BR>I created (and have working a remoting project) where a client windows app sends a request to a server running a Host app which in turn uses a Class file (dll). The dll (in brief) instantiates an instance of MS Access, opens a report and creates a snapshot of that report (which is created within MS Access itself). The MS Access is sitting on the server!<BR><BR>Knowing the class (dll) file works, I want to set up a web (aspx) page that calls this dll file to create tha snap shot. I have placed the dll in the bin directory of the web app, and have set my reference to the dll file. I have declared an object as a new instance of the dll so that I can call the method of the class file. Nothing works.<BR><BR>I get the following error (which I have researched and did all that was requested (ie setting permissions ...blah blah.)<BR><BR>The error is....<BR><BR>ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via &#060;identity impersonate="true"/&#062;, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user. <BR><BR>To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.<BR><BR><BR>Can someone please (and don&#039;t be too vague) list the steps or procedures I need to follow to do this.<BR><BR><BR>Here is a sample of the Class File code (in case it helps). Currently I have a few things hrad coded for testing only!<BR><BR>===================================== =====================<BR><BR>Public Class SnapShotClass<BR><BR> Inherits MarshalByRefObject<BR><BR> Dim oAccess As Access.Application<BR> Dim oForm As Access.Form<BR> Dim sDBPath As String &#039;path to Northwind.mdb<BR> Dim sReport As String<BR><BR> Public Function GetRep()<BR><BR> Dim UniqueFileName As String<BR><BR> sReport = "Summary of Sales by Year"<BR><BR> &#039; Start a new instance of Access for Automation:<BR> oAccess = New Access.ApplicationClass<BR><BR> &#039;Set the path to the database<BR> sDBPath = "C:SomeFolderNorthWind.mdb"<BR><BR> &#039; Open the database in exclusive mode:<BR> oAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase(filepath:=sDBPath, exclusive:=False)<BR><BR> &#039;Generate a unique Filename for the snapshot<BR> UniqueFileName = Format(Now, "MMddyyyy_HHmmss").ToString<BR><BR>&#039;Outpu t in snapshot format to a file using the unique name (set the last parameter to TRUE to open it in snapshot viewer automatically)<BR> <BR>oAccess.DoCmd.OutputTo (Access.AcOutputObjectType.acOutputReport, sReport, "Snapshot Format", "C:InetPubwwwrootAccessSnapShots\" & UniqueFileName & ".snp", False)<BR><BR> &#039;Quit access<BR> oAccess.Quit()<BR><BR> &#039;Free<BR> oAccess = Nothing<BR><BR><BR><BR> End Function<BR><BR>End Class<BR><BR>===================================== =====================<BR><BR><BR>Any help is welcomed!!!