Passing a DataSet over Web Services

Thread: Passing a DataSet over Web Services

Default Passing a DataSet over Web Services

I am trying to pass a DataSet using SOAP to another ASP.NET page. I have set up my producer side, and everything seems fine on that end. If I browse to it and run the appropriate method, I get an XML representation of my DataSet, and I can see that it is populated with data. I used WSDL.exe to compile a DLL on the consumer end, and I import the namespace into my .aspx file. I then bind that DataSet to a DataGrid and display it, but the DataGrid doesn&#039;t seem to have any rows to display. I&#039;m not getting any errors, but the data just isn&#039;t there. Here is the significant part of my consumer page:<BR><BR>&#060;script runat="server"&#062;<BR>Sub Page_load(Sender As Object, e As Eventargs)<BR> Dim ct_conn As New ContractServicesList<BR> Dim services_ds As New DataSet<BR> Dim services_dg As New DataGrid<BR> <BR> services_ds = ct_conn.GetServicesData(1)<BR> services_dg.DataSource = services_ds<BR> services_dg.DataBind()<BR>end sub<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR>&#060;meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"&#062;<BR>&#060;/head&#062;<BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR>&#060;asp:datagr id id="services_dg" runat="server"&#062;&#060;/asp:datagrid&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR>

Default RE: Passing a DataSet over Web Services

I&#039;m not really up on the "inline scripting" stuff, but I THINK that it may be due to:<BR>Dim services_dg As New DataGrid<BR>You don&#039;t want a new datagrid, you want the one on the page. But, I do not know how you guys do that stuff with this approach to developing pages.