Array in Application Object

Thread: Array in Application Object

Default Array in Application Object

I know this has been discussed on other sites. But mine just wont work. I am somewhat of an experienced programmer, but ths one has me. I need to add a 2-dimensional array to the Application object. Then I need to return it when necessary. The part that fails is trying to return it into a "temp" array variable.I supposedly created the aray and inserted it into the Application object. Not sure I know how else to verify its in there. I Dim the array and assign it, and it fails on the assigning line.<BR><BR>Dim tmpArray()<BR>tmpArray = Application("aryWhosOn")<BR><BR>The error is: <BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a000d&#039; <BR>Type mismatch<BR><BR>I manually created a 2-dimensional array, and insert into the Application object (with the Lock and Unlock method calls), so once its in there, it stays until the IIS service is stopped. I can&#039;t tell what is going on. I need help badly! Thanks for your time.

Default RE: Array in Application Object

personally, If I need to do this, I use a FreeThreadedDomDocument object in appication scope. it&#039;s far more flexible and less messing about.

Default ASPFAQs, category Arrays

You have to be real careful about how you do your DIMs, both in the page where you create the array and the pages where you access it.<BR><BR>Look in the ASPFAQs (link at top right corner of this page) and in the category "Arrays" to see the way I make it work.<BR><BR>