ADO RDS binding question

Thread: ADO RDS binding question

Default ADO RDS binding question

can someone help with my VBScript data bind question?<BR><BR>I am just beginning to learn about web programming. I&#039;ve got a few VBScript ASP pages up and running on the web and I&#039;m trying to learn to use MS Access in a web system right now. So, I&#039;m learning about ADO and data controls, etc.<BR><BR>I found the below helpful MSDN information but when I tried the VBScript at the bottom of the page, I was unable to determine what information to put into the screen fields (when I run the page) to actually access my database and table.<BR><BR><BR><BR>In another page where I have managed to gain access to the MS Access database, here is what I coded to do so:<BR><BR> &#039; CONNECTION STRING<BR>DataBasePath = Server.MapPath("..dbfpdbsrtestdb.mdb")<BR>DatBaseD river = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source="<BR>DataBaseSource = DatBaseDriver & DataBasePath<BR><BR> &#039; CONNECTION<BR>Set DBConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>DBConn. Open(DataBaseSource)<BR><BR> &#039; Create an ADO recordset object<BR>Set rsSRDB = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR><BR>strSQL = "SELECT [songs].[songtitle], [songs].[songgenre], [songs].[songusername], [users].[username], [users].[emailaddr] FROM users LEFT JOIN songs ON [users].[username] =[songs].[songusername];"<BR><BR> &#039; Open the recordset with the SQL query <BR>rsSRDB.Open strSQL, DBConn <BR><BR>= = = = = <BR><BR>Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide.<BR>

Default RE: ADO RDS binding question

sorry, but you probably need to come up with some specifics really. we&#039;ll be happy to help, but, well, what&#039;s the question??