prob with check box

Thread: prob with check box

Default prob with check box

hi.<BR> on my asp page, i have a table. in second last field of each row it has a combo box. and the last field contains a check box. the field of combo box are getting populated from the database. what i want to do is i want to disable the combo box at the load of the page and if clicking on check box i want the combo to be enabled.<BR> i am submitting the form on click event of the check box but i am not able to disable the combo at page load and to enable it on onclick event of chk box. please help

Default Why do you submit the form...

...onClick from the check box??? When you do that, you haven&#039;t given the user a chance to choose something from the &#060;SELECT&#062;.<BR><BR>Anyway it&#039;s all simple enough:<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT Type=Checkbox Name="cb_27" onClick="this.form.sel_27.disabled=!this.checked;" &#062;<BR><BR>&#060;SELECT Name="sel_27" DISABLED&#062;<BR> &#060;OPTION&#062;...<BR>&#060;/SELECT&#062;<BR><BR>Note that this code will *RE-DISABLE* the &#060;SELECT&#062; if the box is *unchecked*. If you don&#039;t want than, then just change<BR> !this.checked<BR>to<BR> false<BR>