XML Schemas. Why are they useful?

Thread: XML Schemas. Why are they useful?

Default XML Schemas. Why are they useful?

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve been using XML for some time now for a variety of projects, and I haven&#039;t found the need to use DTDs or Schemas.<BR><BR>Should I be using them? What are they useful for (any examples of where you&#039;ve used them) ?? <BR><BR>I&#039;m wondering if they can help me streamline my workprocess in any way.<BR><BR>I know this is an open ended question, but I was hoping someone could clear this up for me!<BR><BR>Kind Regards,<BR><BR>Nat B

Default They allow you to describe..

.. the XML document that you&#039;re expecting.<BR><BR>If you have to tell someone about your XML document structure, it provides you with a method.<BR><BR>For instance, I work for a company where we have hundreds of people submitting data via XML. We provide our customers with the schema so that they know how to format their XML documents.<BR><BR>The first step of our process it to confirm that their documents conform to the schema. If they do, we then start to load the data into our system. If they do not, we kick back an error to the user.