I am working on a web application using asp.NET/C#. There are alot of pages that can take quite a while to be displayed due to large amounts of data. I currently have a "page loading..." message that is displayed to the user using a combination of DHTML and Response.Flush() to push the data as needed to the client. However, this does not seam to work as good as I would like. There appears to be a considerable lag from the time the user clicks the link in the nav, and the browser finally displays the loading message. Here is a digested form of the code I am using now...<BR><BR>----------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>....private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)<BR>{ <BR>Response.Buffer = true;<BR><BR>labelLaodMsg.Text = "&#060;div id=&#039;loadingMsg&#039;&#062;loading&#060;/div&#062;"<BR><BR>// flush the server cache to the browser will display the div<BR>Response.Flush();<BR> <BR> ------ Some server intensive code here -----<BR><BR>//javascript to hide the load message<BR>labelJS.Text = "&#060;script&#062;bla bla&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>Response.Flush();<BR>}<BR>----------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Is there a better place to put all of this rather than in the Page_Load? I would like the message to be displayed almost instantly after the user clicks the nav. Right now I have a feeling the server is building the page, and then sending the data to the client whenever it Flush is called. I would like the server to send the message, and THEN build the page. Also, if it helps, the pages that need the loading message are displayed within an IFrame.<BR><BR>Thanks for any help.<BR><BR>