Problem Definition: <BR><BR>I have a web page called index.aspx that contains several user controls. I need to shared global variables among all user controls on that specific page instance.<BR><BR>The Code-Behind for the IndexPage is as follows: <BR>-------------------------------------<BR>Public Class IndexPage Inherits Page <BR>Public X as String <BR>.... <BR>-------------------------------------<BR><BR>The Code-Behind for one of the User Controls is as follows: <BR><BR>-------------------------------------<BR>Public Class UserControl1 Inherits System.Web.UI.UserControl <BR>Private Sub Page_Load() <BR>IndexPage.X = "Hello" &#039;&#060;--- gives the error <BR>-------------------------------------<BR><BR>I get on the last line an error saying: "Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference" <BR><BR>I don&#039;t want to declare the variable X shared, because that will share the variable across ALL pages. I just want to share my global variables across all user controls on THAT SPECIFIC INSTANCE of the page containing the controls.<BR><BR>Please note, I am NOT talking about session variables. I want the specific scope limited to the PAGE INSTANCE to be shared by all user controls on that specific page.<BR><BR>Please advise with an example.