Dropdown list problem with changing selection

Thread: Dropdown list problem with changing selection

Default Dropdown list problem with changing selection

Hi!<BR><BR>I have a problem with a dropdown list. The initial selected text is "Please choose...". I need to modify the text that appears before the list is dropped down. I tried doing it with ddlSector.SelectedItem.Text = "blabla" but this replaces the "Please choose..." with another instance of "blabla" so that when I drop down the list I can see 2 instances of "blabla", one of which has replaced the "Please choose...". I noticed that if you first change the selection in the drop down list it replaces the one which was selected. I noticed what is happening after all, what I am doing with that command is "Change the selected item text from what it is now to &#039;blabla&#039;". Can anyone help me please in assigning the displayed value of the dropdown list without compromising any of the other elements? I would greatly appreciate any help!<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR><BR>Best Regards,<BR>Timothy

Default RE: Dropdown list problem with changing selection

There is no item selected, it is the browser that will make the first item selected.<BR><BR>Try explicitly setting the selected item before assigning or finding the item and changing it.<BR><BR><BR>